• Italian - Italy
  • English (United Kingdom)

Company Profile History

History

The idea of standardizing on an industrial scale, and using polymers, a number of articles that used to be produced in small quantities and in a variety of materials, was the brainchild of STEAB’s founder, Belisario Pini, who possess exceptional technical capability and insight. STEAB “Studio Tecnico E Applicazione Brevetti” (Technical Projects and Patents Application Company), began with small screws, washers and nuts, creating a range of alternative products to those on the market. Thus a “product demand” was created, the technical requirements having already been achieved. More items were produced and consideration given to adapting them to all possible applications, developing a line of original articles which were launched in different fields of application from those for which they were intended,
STEAB’s products were therefore created to meet the required functions, the Company to provide the desired product.

The History of STEAB starts from 1971, in Via Reginaldo Giuliani 102/r - Florence with the activity of molding Micro- Parts in Plastic.
At the beginning of 1972 it produces the first components for Lighting Industry, at the same time 4 press-machines are purchased and a small equipment for the mould’s construction. 3 people as staff join the Owners (Mr. Pini and his wife).
From 1972 to 1982, the Company’s plant is expanded buying new flats. The equipment in the workshop is improved and the press-machines in the productive dept. are 13. The staff increase to 13 people.

In 1982, PEISA srl is formed wit the goal to provide the moulds for plastic materials to STEAB and other Customers. STEAB’s program achieves the quantity of 1000 Codes.
In 1983, STEAB attend the International Exhibition INTEL in Milan  in order to spread its range in export market, in the meantime the staff increases to 15 employes.
In 1987, 5000 sqmt. ground located in Scopeti / Rufina is purchased to build up the new productive plant for Companies STEAB  and PEISA.
The building is finished in 1988 and the production dept. is moved from Florence to Scopeti. Three Units are operating:

-    PEISA srl in Scopeti: moulds and tooling’s production;

-    STEAB SpA in Scopeti: production department;

-    STEAB SpA in Florence: commercial department and warehouse.
At the end of 1995 STEAB has a staff of 24 people, a turn-over of € 2.7 millions, 75% in domestic and 25% in export markets.

1996 is a very important year for STEAB, which get the certification ISO 9000 from Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance with document no. 947863 UNI ES ISO 9002 and celebrate on 8 June 1996 the anniversary of 25th year of STEAB’s activity . Customers, Suppliers and local Authorities partecipate to the Ceremony.
In the same year,  other 3000 sqmt. expansion of the plant for an investment of € 1.3 millions is approved by Company’s ownership.
At the beginning of 1997 the new building dedicated to stock and warehouse is active to guarantee a better service to Customers.

In February 2007 by the occasion of Internation Fair LivinLuce, the new product PAGURO is exhibited with great appreciation from visitors. The Programm is updated and enlarged in the following years with sales’ success and evident contribution in terms of turnover.
Today, STEAB has achieved a turnover of € 3.5 millions by a range of products made by 1950 items and an yearly production of 165 millions pcs. 65% delivered in Domestic Market and 35% in 42 different Countries abroad. The Staff is formed by 30 employees.

Stabilimento Steab in Costruzione